As I had mentioned in THIS post, I had made up two sweatshirts by modifying Kwik Sew 3211, which I already had traced out and on hand. I finally got a picture of my little guy wearing the gray one today, so I thought I’d post it.
I’m trying to figure out right now how to add pictures/updates to the contest at PatternReview, but I’m not having much luck. 😦 It’s OK, I’ve got until December I guess, so it’s not a huge deal that I don’t have everything exactly right yet.
My son also wore his new pinstripe shirt yesterday for the first time. He looked really sharp in it. 🙂 I can’t believe I got those silly stripes to match up so well–even the placket was nearly exact with the rest of the shirt…of course, that particular detail was totally by accident, but I’m still pretty thrilled! 🙂 I should have done the collar the other way, but I followed the directions on the grain of stretch, so that’s how it ended up.
As far as doing actual sewing, I think I’ve lost my sewing mojo…however, my cooking mojo has kicked into overdrive, so I’ve been taking advantage of it and getting some stuff cooked up and frozen so that we have “heat & eat” meals on days when I don’t feel like cooking or we just don’t really have time for it. Hopefully, I’ll break out of my sewing funk and get the pants that I’ve been staring at finished. It’s not like they are rocket science, I should be able to get them done!