I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow after I readjust the hems to be the proper length, but I’ve nearly finished KS 3267 today. I’m very proud of them. It was my first time doing welt pockets and French seams, but they look pretty decent, if I don’t say so myself. I had hubby try them on, and they look exactly like his other pairs that he has for work. They fit him like a dream too–which, since he’s…erm…a bit perky on the backside, I was a bit nervous that I’d have to do some adjustments on them to loosen them up. I needn’t have worried, they showcase his…erm…assets nicely. 😉
One thing that did throw me through a loop though was their directions on finishing up the leg/crotch seam(s). The front crotch was finished early on because of the zipper fly, but they have you leave a large chunk of the front crotch unsewn,
and they have you attach the back legs of the pants on the outside first,
then the inside,
and then they have you put one pantleg inside the other to finish up the crotch seam.
I tried it their way, but couldn’t seem to get it right, so I pulled the pantleg out and just stitched it all in the curve that way. I had to fudge it a bit to meet up with the seam on the front crotch, but I was pretty close so you can barely tell by looking at the stitch lines, and you can’t tell at all when they are on.
Next time, (because I have at least one more pair of these to make right away) I’ll just ignore their method and do it like the other KS pants I’ve made…or however suits my fancy at the time. That one-leg-inside-the-other method is crap, and makes things harder than they need to be.
Now I’m off to find that ratio of vinegar to water or whatever it is for making the permanent creases down the center front, so that they look more professional. Until tomorrow, happy sewing!