OK, so here are some photos of the completed “wearable muslin”. I’m glad that it turned out to be wearable, because when I started, I didn’t really have high hopes of that being the case. Ignore the wrinkles, I haven’t had the opportunity to press these things very well, and I’m going to wait until they are hemmed to get too excited about it.
Note: These pants are black IRL, but in order to see anything detail they had to be washed out so they look like a funky grey-ish navy on my screen at least.
I know that my welt pockets aren’t perfect, but for a first timer, they aren’t too bad. I’m pretty happy with them. 🙂
I’m not sure about the front, there’s a teeny pucker in the center bottom of the zipper, but one of his RTW pants has the exact same thing, so maybe it’s fairly common? I’ve never noticed it until I really started looking on the one pair, so I don’t think it’s going to be the end of the world on these. I’m also a bit less than thrilled at the hook/eye and button attachment on the front closure, I was lazy and did it on my machine instead of by hand, and it pulled it a bit tighter than I would have liked. He’s going to wear a belt with them anyway, so it’s doubtful anyone will notice, but you’re always more picky when you sew it yourself, right? 😉
I’m for sure going to make the belt loops bigger on the next pair–his normal belt won’t fit, (it’s a western style belt) but his “business-y” belt will fit fine. He’ll probably be annoyed when he’s trying to get around in the morning though, because his western one is the default belt. 😦 Someday I’ll see about fixing them if it’s too bad.
Here’s the shot of the entire pants (minus the hems), for your viewing pleasure. 😛
Hopefully, I’ll be able to hem them tonight and toss them in the wash for quick wearing. I’m mostly waiting to see how much they’ll have to be hemmed, because I know that I can’t afford to take them up too much. 😕 Plus, I’m wanting to try that method of hemming them slightly more in the front than in the back, because I read somewhere that’s how it’s supposed to be done. 🙂
You can read my review of the pattern here.