I took my machine to the “shop” today, and without even looking at it, the gal knew what I needed to do to make it work. Hooray for Holdemann women! They sure know their sewing machines! Anyway, it turns out, the bobbin tension somehow got WAY too tight, and she showed me how to change the tension and what to look for to make sure that it’s properly set in the future. She also suggested that with a Pfaff machine you can (and apparently should) fiddle with the bobbin tension once in a while. I’d always been told to leave it alone once the dealer set it, so I didn’t even think to check it. I just assumed that it was right. Turns out it wouldn’t “bounce” any thread out at all because it was so tight, which would explain a lot of why I was so frustrated. Thank goodness it wasn’t a big deal. I didn’t even have to leave town for repairs, and while this one was free for now, I’ve got Tabby (and both of her buttonhole attachments) there to be cleaned up good, oiled properly, and in a couple of weeks I’m going to send the Percy there for her 6 month lube job too.
*Whew!* I’m just so glad this wasn’t a big deal (or an expensive one)! And that I can finish up the project I’m working on. Thank goodness for small miracles. 🙂