Been a while since I’ve posted on here, and a lot has happened since then.
Simplicity Amazing Fit skirt: Still working on it. It may have been a blessing that it was too small, considering the fact that the thread I used is nearly impossible to pick out since it keeps shredding. I tossed the spool, it must have been old, and I would have been terribly upset to not only probably have a wardrobe malfunction in public, but also that it might have fallen apart quickly. So I’ve been slowly picking out the stitches on it, since I have to do every. single. stitch. one at a time or it shreds, it’s been really slow going.
While I’ve been working on the skirt, I’ve also done a few other things. I patched my husband’s cover-alls (my sewing machine doesn’t like those any more than it likes red vinyl), a couple pairs of jeans, and finished up a couple of small UFO’s that were sitting around the sewing room. It’s nice to get that stuff out of my way. 🙂
Speaking of jeans, I traced off the pieces for Jalie 2908. I cut/basted the pieces together in a non-stretch denim, which since the pattern was for stretch denim I wasn’t expecting it to come out perfect. They were snug, but not any more so than some of the jeans in my closet. I’m pretty excited, because that means that if I cut them out of stretch denim I’ll have it nailed perfectly. Turns out my problem with the pattern last time is that I didn’t fix the curve from the hip to the waist. It’s designed for an hourglass figure, whereas my waist is only like 2″ smaller than my hips. So I just swung it out with my French curve two or three sizes to straighten out the side seam. It was hard to remember to do it for all the corresponding pieces, but I think I did it on all of them. It fit together when I basted it, if that’s any indication.
I’m pretty excited, over the weekend, hubby and I helped my mom put together a bed for my little brother. The great thing about it is, now we know what to do when we build the same one for ourselves. 🙂 It went together pretty fast once we got all the pieces cut out. I think we had it 80% assembled (that’s where we quit for the night) within an hour and a half. If we would have had a decent saw to work with, I think we could have cut it out in about an hour and a half as well–as it was, it took like 4 hours to cut it all out. My skills with the cordless drill are getting better too, so I’m pretty excited about that. 🙂
I’ve got a ton of different foods to cook up today so that I can stash it in the freezer, so I’d better get started. Hope everyone has a great day! 🙂