I hope everyone that had a holiday this past weekend had a fabulous one! I know we did. 🙂
Anyway, I started working on this pattern pretty quickly after finishing my first pair of Burda shorts nearly a month ago. I wore it twice before it was even finished :oops:, which made it so that it took even longer to finish up. I finally inserted the elastic around the underbust and hemmed it over the holiday weekend, so it can officially go into my closet. In short, I really like it. The sleeves feel weird (though I’m a sleeveless kind of gal well into the freezing temps of winter), but they were part of what drew me to the pattern to start with. Try to ignore the wrinkles caused by being left in the dryer for a day and a half…
In the front to prevent the v-neck venturing well into indecency, I took the cheater’s way out and topstitched it. I think it looks fine this way, though I’d probably find another method next time.
I was also drawn to the back of this view, because it’s got a cut-out! I’m a bit of a sucker for those, and this one is cute without being revealing. 🙂
And, for once, I can say that this one looks better on me than the dressform. 😉
This is entry #1 into the interesting knit top styles sew-a-long. 🙂