Well, whatever it should be called, I conveniently discovered a sweater that had been banished to the floor of shame in my sewing room for some unknown reason. You might (or maybe not) remember it from this post. It was missing a neckband, and alas I couldn’t find any scraps of the fabric from the rest of the sweater (maybe that’s why it was banished?), but HA! HA! I just happened to have some grey knit in a very similar color to use as a facing for the neckline. Or at least I think it would be a facing? Or maybe it would just be like using bias tape (except not)? Well, whatever. The point is, I now have a perfectly fitting sweater that took me like an extra 15 minutes to finish and will be perfect for my meeting tomorrow. I’ve got it in the wash right now so that it’s ready to rock first thing in the morning.
In other sewing news, I’m on the prowl for a replacement machine. The Pfaff and I are having some “irreconcilable differences”. I’m open to suggestions, especially if you know of the perfect machine that meets these requirements:
- Adjustable presser foot pressure.
- Beautiful trouble-free buttonholes.
- Can realistically handle sewing jeans.
- Costs less than $1000 USD.
- Bonus if it is capable of small embroidery projects.
I know, I ask too much. 😳 😦