Yikes! I’ve got lots of projects going on right now! But first I have to share about an experiment I tried last night–sock bun curls! I did two sock buns because my hair is just a smidgen past my shoulders, and to be completely honest, my hair isn’t really long enough for it. I would say it would be best for hair at least 3 inches past your shoulders and with minimal layers (mine’s layered, and that caused some issues). I think I’m going to try sock curls tonight (the one where you knot the socks (or pieces of socks in my case) around the hair instead of wrapping it around the sock donut. Anyway, so this is what my hair looked like this morning, I’m pretty pleased. 🙂
I’m also in the process of making up a Sorbetto and a polka dot blouse. Progress on the polka dot blouse has stalled because I need some sort of lining for it. The cotton is extremely fine, (and also extremely sheer) so I’m trying to decide what would be the best type of lining material to use. I’m going to see if I can find some white broadcloth locally and hope that it’s light enough to use. I doubt I’ll find any batiste (something I’ve seen other seamstresses use), but on the off chance that I do, I’ll definitely give it a comparison.
The sorbetto is just cut out right now. I have the bust darts sewn, but that’s it. This is mostly just a trial run to see if I even like the way it fits before I get excited about sewing up a bunch of the different variations I’ve seen of it. 🙂
Well, I’d better get moving, the kiddo has activities to get to this morning! Have a great day!!