From what I can tell, it appears that I didn’t make any goals or resolutions for 2012. But I want this year to be a bit different. I’m not setting any major goals, because I never seem to make them happen if they overwhelm me, so this year I’m just going to make a few smaller achievable goals and work toward them.
- Sew up an “indie” pattern. I tried the Sorbetto, but I’m not counting it since it was a fail. I’m thinking a Sewaholic pattern might be the weapon of choice for this one. I’ve been eyeing both the Minorou and the Alma since they came out.
- Try to better organize my sewing room. I’ve done pretty good about picking up the majority (key word!) of the mess between projects, but I’d really like to get myself motivated to do an overhaul and get rid of the little pieces of tissue paper and fabric. And then keep it that way!!
- Purchase less cheap fabric, and buy better quality in smaller quantities. I’d much rather have 2 or 3 nicer blouses or t-shirts than 8 crappy ones that itch, make me sweat, or whatever. (This one will be tough for me.)
- I’m going to master the bra this year. I’ve finally found a few RTW ones that seem to fit pretty good, but I’d still like to be able to sew my own in non-itchy fabrics that better appeal to me. (For example, I don’t love mesh cups. And I’m not always a fan of lace. 99% of the time I just want a plain bra in pretty fabric that makes the twins look their best.)
- Not completely sewing related, but I’d like to eat better. I’m getting better about appreciating the body I have, and while I’d still like to lose weight, maybe it would start being easier if I’d just eat better. It’s so easy to fall back on junk food when I’m feeling lazy, but there’s several options out there that are just as delicious and are way better for you. I just need to do a better job of making the right choices. Not only for me, but for my family. I need to remind myself that even though they are slim, it’s not good for them to eat poorly either.
So, those are my Top 5 Goals for 2013. I don’t think there’s anything too strenuous, but there’s just enough challenge here to keep me working, I think. Or maybe I’m being a slacker and just don’t know it. 😉 What are your goals for 2013?