Buckle up, this may be a long and bumpy ride. 🙂
Things have been a bit weird lately. I haven’t been sewing for a couple of days because the weather has been so nice, but before that happened, I was attempting a muslin for a bra that isn’t going to work. I think I just need to give up on my pattern–it’s just not the style that’s going to give the results I want, and I’m just not sure how to get the results I want with any pattern anyway. I should probably try the Sewy Rebecca, but I have been balking at ordering and getting it here–if someone knows where to buy them in the U.S., I’ll be happy to hear it.
Also, MacStabby over at Crafternoon Nap nominated me for 4 blogger awards–whoa!
So…11 facts about me for the Liebster…
- I have an expensive degree that I don’t use because I’m a stay at home mom.
- I’m a strange mix of outgoing and shy–this seems like it’s impossible, but it’s not. Really.
- I really suck at this sort of thing, I need more direction!
- I’m a super picky eater. For example, I won’t eat anything with onions, peppers, or celery in it.
- I could ride a horse probably before I could walk, and used to show them until my early teens.
- I haven’t even been on a horse in probably 6 years, odd when you think that my whole life used to kind of “revolve” around them.
- I can drive a stick shift…I drove one for 2 years of high school, but it’s not quite like riding a bike. 😉
- I never learned how to roller skate. It freaks me out and hurts my knees (even when I was a kid).
- I hate being tipped backwards, for some reason I always panic if a chair tips back faster than I expect.
- I have the nose of a bloodhound, so if something is particularly strong smelling there’s an excellent chance I’ll get lightheaded and queasy.
- I love swing dancing (not that I’m very good at it), but I can only handle about 2 flips before I start to get sick. This should indicate how not fun I am on certain types of carnival rides.
OK, so here’s MacStabby’s questions for me.
1. What is a favorite book or series that you can read over and over? I can and have read several books by Barbara Michaels over and over. They are standalone books, but they are all similarly “gothic” in nature.
2. If you could live in a fictional place (from a novel or series), where would you live? I’m torn between wanting to live in Harry Potter’s world, the world of Alexia Tarabotti, or in Belheddon Hall from Barbara Erskine’s “House of Echoes”.
3. What’s your favorite vacation spot? I haven’t found it yet since my vacations typically involve migrating around my not-so-scenic home state.
4. How long have you been sewing, knitting, etc? Who taught you? Goodness, I don’t know. Probably 8 or 9 years off and on? My mother taught me to sew when I was a “tween”, and I HATED it. HATED IT. She is an amazing seamstress, but a terrible teacher. We didn’t get along very well, and so I had a negative association with sewing. Later, when my husband and I were married I “inherited” a sewing machine, and he kind of encouraged me to start up again. I started slowly with patching his jeans, but after that I realized I quite liked it when there was no one standing over my shoulder berating me.
5.What song or album can always put you in a good mood? I’d have to say Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. 😉 My parents tell me that I’ve had the lyrics memorized since I was about 4 years old, so clearly the song has staying power for me. I also think that Bohemian Rhapsody is super fun to try to sing along to. 😉
6. What is one big thing you hope to accomplish this year? I want to see Europe. I’m fascinated by architecture, and I’m dying to see some of those old cathedrals in person. And Stonehenge…I definitely want to see that in person.
7. Favorite movie of all time, that you can watch over and over? Walt Disney’s version of Robin Hood. I love several versions of the movie, but that one’s my favorite.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? The ability to instantly travel through time and space. 🙂
9. What is your favorite James Bond movie, and why? Who is your favorite Bond? (If you say Timothy Dalton, you’re dead to me.) I’d have to say Octopussy. 🙂 My favorite Bond is Roger Moore, but Sean Connery is a VERY close second place. I don’t know who Timothy Dalton is, does that exonerate me?
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? If you could DO any sport that you can’t do now, what would it be and why? I love watching the equestrian segment of the Olympics. If I could, I’d love to try steeplechase; I love the teamwork of horse and rider and the feeling you get when you go over a jump or race across a flat open plain, combining the two would have to be awesome.
11.Do you think you currently have the skills needed to survive the zombie apocalypse? Absolutely. And whatever I lack in skill I’ll make up in enthusiasm. 😉
Anyway, I’m supposed to pass these on to like 11 people, but my butt is numb after filling all that stuff out, so I’m going to let you claim these if you so desire.
Lookout weekend, here I come!