I’m going to look at the bright side of my sewing today. I finally (seriously, it’s been like 2 weeks!) managed to finish up a couple of PJ-like things for Scotch. And they did turn out OK, though there’s definitely some flaws–namely that I suck at applying bias binding. That’s OK though, I don’t think he’s going to make any judgements, and his opinion is the only one that really matters. 😉 One is a sleep sack, *very* loosely based on this pattern, and the other is a set of footed pajamas using a pattern that I found on the internet somewhere. Which I actually tested by making a set of footed PJ pants. So that’s three things in three weeks–maybe I’m not doing so bad on time as I thought, LOL!
There isn’t much to say about these. The patterns worked well, my changes were slightly off, but still workable, and my sewing skills are a smidge rusty. But, I overcame those obstacles and Scotch has been using the sleep sack every night for the past week (I’m a bit behind on blogging, big shock!) so I think it passes the test. Not sure how long the footed PJ’s will last though, because the feet are pretty tight on my little sweetie’s (giant) feet. Especially the soccer ball full set, fleece is a HUGE turn of the cloth hog, which is a duh, but I wasn’t thinking about that when I did it. Oh well. I even managed to get the fleece from the remnant bin at the Green J, so I think it only cost like $12 for all three items! That’s cheaper than Wally World, so woot-woot!
Right now I’m working on knockoffs, so wish me luck! I’m a lot pickier than the little guy. 😉