I have a FO to show,
but need to wait for some better lighting to take pictures of it I’ve got the pictures, yay!! It’s nearly dark here with clouds even though it’s morning, but no rain–which we desperately need–as yet. The finished project is Simplicity 2364 View D.
Here’s my version:
I used the same fabric I used for my McCall’s 6069 dress. Instead of cutting a full facing as they suggested, I cut tricot(?) fusible interfacing using the top 2 inches of the facing piece all the way around, stitched it on as I would do the facing, and then flipped it to the inside and fused it. Here’s a couple of pictures so that you can see what I’m talking about. After the facings were fused, they ended up being sewn into the seams.
If it comes away from the fabric, I’ll probably just use some of that stitch witchery stuff that makes a permanent bond. I might change the exact way I did it next time so that it comes out slightly prettier on the inside, but I would say that it worked out pretty well. The only thing I would caution is that the armhole is pretty small, even on my dressform.
I have actual bicep muscles, and this armhole is pretty tight as drafted, but I could probably tolerate it for a while. If not, I can give it away. Hubby really likes it on me though, so he may be upset if I do unless I make another one.
Pray for us to get some rain, and have a great weekend! 🙂